Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Week 4 Story: Ravana Raves for Sita


Ravana Raves for Sita


I, Ravana, succeeded in obtaining Sita. It was more like saving Sita from Rama.  I was fortunate enough to have Maricha’s cooperation throughout the plan. Although, I did not plan for the her death. More importantly, I have found a queen to worship for the rest of my life.

Sita seemed upset when I kidnapped her, but I thought it was an act to seem genuine in the eyes of her husband, Rama. Although I have plenty of wives, no one would be a prize like Sita. I knew that in the arms of Rama, she was not appreciated like she should have been. I could see Rama overshadowing Sita. She deserves to shine in her own spotlight. In order to ensure that she did not run away, I tied her up to a tree in the Ashoka grove with guards. The guards were to protect her if any harm comes her way.

I walked towards Sita in my best clothes to ask her for her hand in marriage. I knew it was not the traditional route that I would have liked but I was on a time crunch. I could see that she had been crying when I approached her. My heart ached from every tear that fell. I tried to comfort her by offering her wealth and power but she refused. All she wanted was Rama. I could see that he brainwashed her. I decided to give her two months, to give her space. For that would be an ample amount of time to realize that I was the better choice. She cursed at me, so naturally, I retorted back. I will admit that my angry got the best of me.

As I was leaving the grove, I heard rustling within the trees. I assumed it was merely a critter bustling about.

Image result for Sita and ravana


Ravana and Sita - Image Source

Author's Note: During this story, Hanuman - Rama's friend who was sent to find Sita - discovers where Sita is. At the moment, Ravana approaches Sita to be his wife instead of Rama's wife. In exchange for the marriage, Ravana promised Sita wealth and freedom. However, Sita's heart belongs to Rama. Sita rejects Ravana's offer and Ravana left Sita to the guards. Sita has 2 months to agree to the terms or she dies from a tortured death.

Bibliography. "Ramayana" from Indian Myth and Legend by Donald A. MacKenzie. Web Source.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I liked your story. It feels like your story was written from the prospective of Ravana being a hero. I felt bad for Ravana as he was turned down by Sita. Your image at the bottom was worked well with your story as Ravana does not look evil, yet Sita is still looking away from him back at what can only be assumed is her longing for Rama. Well written story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this story was a good story, I look at this story in a lovers and friends point of view. Sita was not trying to deal with Ravana, but he was trying everything in his power to get Sita but for some reason she was not having it. I feel like this story summed up the actual story pretty well I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete