Friday, February 9, 2018

Learning Challenge: Sleep zzZ

Currently my sleep schedule is all over the place. Prior to this semester, I planned on waking up at 8 am to get into a routine. However, I don't have classes on Tuesday's and Thursday's which makes it hard for me to wake up that early. Another problem I have is I am a snoozer. I press "snooze" at least two times before getting out of bed. I do know that being sleep deprived is unhealthy. There are times when I notice the difference of being well rested and running on caffeine. In the article "How Sleep Deprivation Decays the Mind and Body," explains the effects of sleep deprivation. I knew that sleep deprivation causes a slew of health related problems. I learned that mood and sleep use the same neurotransmitters. I find this interesting that the chemical changes from the lack of sleep mimic bi-polar symptoms. Like many of the scientists in the article, I am curious on why sleep is a crucial necessity. Learning this new information, I would like to see how being sleep deprived feels but I don't think that would fair well. Therefore, I decided to the opposite. I would like to get into a more routinely schedule and sleep on time. When bedtime comes, my body will know rather than fall asleep between every other blink. 
Image result for sleeping animal'


(Sleeping Red Panda - Image Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment