Friday, February 9, 2018

Learning Challenge: The Pomodoro Technique



The Pomodoro technique is a strategy to pace workloads by using a timer. It is named from the tomato-shaped timer. It is so cute! I tried this strategy, and I failed several times. I understand that I am a lenient person, so when the timer went off, I would set the timer again. But after a couple tries, I got the hang of it. It required a lot of discipline on my part. It helped me transition from one task to the next. Before, I would spend hours on one subject, neglecting the other, and messing up my schedule. The Pomodoro technique helped me remain on track of time. I have to set a timer while watching Netflix to make sure that I do not waste too much time. This was an effective technique and I recommend it to anyone who needs help keeping track of time! 
Image result for tomatoes
(Tomatoes - Image Source)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chelsea! It was cool to read your post about the Pomodoro technique. I've always used timers to pace myself, and I've always considered it a bit of a "challenge" when I'm doing homework or cleaning or whatever the task is at hand, to try and beat the timer. I didn't know that this had a name or that it was a common thing, so that was cool to read about!

    ReplyDelete