Sunday, February 25, 2018

Learning by Challenge: I wish my teacher knew..



I used to read PostSecret every week. I liked how people could submit anonymous postcards to express whatever they were feeling. I think it is an interesting idea to allow kids the same privilege. Some of the "I wish my teacher knew..." were heartbreaking. No one knows what someone is going through unless they say something about it. I think a good way to practice compassion and empathy to while respecting people's privacy is to reciprocate comments anonymously. I have participated in something similar to this. It was at an event called Summit. We were placed into family groups. At the end of the day, we sat in a circle with our families and wrote on pieces of papers anonymously what our worst fears were. Then, the papers were placed into a bag. Each person drew one piece of paper out and read it aloud. Everyone then discussed, gave advice, and give thoughts on the fear. It was really reassuring to see how caring we all were to one another.

Image result for empathy quotes
(Empathy - Image Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment