Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Review: Week 5



I have successfully backed up my blog and google site, although I am not a huge fan of backups because the process can take a long time, I understand why it is necessary. I think it is a good idea to review weekly progress on Canvas because it is easy to forget assignments.

My favorite image from the current announcements would be:
(Stages of Writing - Image Source)
Mainly because it makes me laugh and I can relate to the stages 100%. I am in the last stage the majority of the time. 

The video I chose to watch today was: Why do we get grades in school?


This topic has always intrigued me. Why are merits based upon a set structure? I think that grades were a good concept but as time has continued, "grades" have become more numeral, general based. I think this YouTube video was a good video and recommend anyone who wants to know more about how grades have come about. I think receiving narrative reports are an interesting idea, unfortunately in college lecture halls, there are too many students for that method. I think grades can be an incentive for those who want good grades, but they are not a complete marker for success. I appreciate OU's holistic approach to their application process. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Chelsea! I really enjoy the layout and background image you use for your blog! And I completely agree with you that image from the announcements page was so great and relatable! I am a PR major and in all of my classes all I do is write. Sometimes I feel like I have everything under control and then one second later I feel like I have nothing under control. Good luck on your future posts!

    ReplyDelete