Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Growth Mindset: Passing it on

I shared the Growth Mindset with one of my oldest friends, whom I have known since elementary school. We have seen each other grow from adolescents to adults. My friend had never heard of the growth mindset idea yet. He was quite intrigued in the concept. The key ideas, that I believe, of growth mindset is 1) failing is good, 2) learn from successes and failures, and 3) keep going. I tried to reiterate that not everyone is perfect. It is common to fail, but from that failure, you can learn and implement changes to better oneself. My friend has failed one of his classes twice. From that, I asked him, what did you do before? What can you change to do better? We were able to tweak his study habits and hopefully he will pass with flying colors. The growth mindset is the idea that, what we have, we can use and expand. 

(Created from Canva.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment