Thursday, March 29, 2018

Growth Mindset: The Interview

I knew that growth mindset is an integral part of the people who are successful rather than those who had fixed mindsets. I try to obtain a growth mindset more and more with each challenge I face. I think it is important to have a growth mindset as soon as possible.
I learned that those who are praised by their intelligence are less likely to develop a growth mindset. Those kids do not want a challenge. They are more likely to give up. I have seen that on occasion. I have a friend who is smart but in the end, he decided that college was not for him. I wonder now if it was because he had a fixed mindset.
I am curious of the growth mindset. I hope to explore this concept more by applying myself in my studies with the idea that I can do it and that it just takes time to understand the material. I think the growth mindset provides a framework of self motivation and self confidence that I can succeed. The results will be my GPA at the end of the semester.

Image result for growth vs fixed mindset
(Growth vs Fixed mindset - Image Source)

Bibliography. Sal Khan interviewing Carol Dweck. Web Source. 

No comments:

Post a Comment