Thursday, March 8, 2018

Review Week 8

My favorite image in today's announcements is:
(From Casey's blog - Image Source)

This reminds me of Wednesday night. I went out with some girlfriends! We went to eat at Gogi Go, Marble Slab, and watched Red Sparrow at Harkins. I ate until my stomach looked like I was pregnant! Gogi Go is so good. It seems like a more modern take on bibimbap, a traditional Korean cuisine. I would definitely recommend a visit there! Ice cream was eaten to finish our delicious meal. I had sweet cream with cookie dough and oreos. It was so yummy! Calorie counting and dieting or any rational went out the window. Red Sparrow was an interesting movie. I don't think I would see the movie again. However, I loved Jennifer Lawrence! 

My favorite video is:

(What makes something Kafkaesque? - Video Source)

First, what is kafkaesque? The title of the video intrigued me. From the video I learned that kafkaesque is unnecessarily complicated experiences. I feel like life can be kafkaesque. For example, today was slightly kafkaesque. It was not my doing that made something difficult though. I was trying to turn in a document to the Financial Aid office, which they directed me to the Admissions office. The Admissions office was confused on why I was there. Luckily, the person helping me found out for sure where my document should go before I left. In the end, the missing document should have gone to the Financial Aid office. The whole ordeal could have been resolved in 5 minutes but instead it took 20. In the video, it explained kafkaesque is, in many ways, kafkaesque. 

No comments:

Post a Comment