Thursday, March 8, 2018

Growth Mindset: Quotes

"WHY NOT?

The way I would like to use "Why Not?" is in the sense of saying yes. Why not make time to see your friends? Why not make a random trip? Why not do something different than the usual routine? I think it is important for us to not get too focused on ourselves but live life with others. It is a lot more fun and if you are actually engaged with people you'll learn more about yourself along the way."

I would consider myself as a timid person. I agree with this quote. I have been trying to implement more "why not?" into my lifestyle. Sometimes, students focus too much on academics and forget to focus on their mental wellbeing. It is important to find a balance between work and play. Humans are social creatures, so it is important to interact with others and gain the social interactions. Also, when I look back on my life, I want to be able to remember memorable experiences that I have made with others and the laughter that we have shared. 

"CHEERS TO MISTAKES

This reminds me to not worry about the mistakes I made, currently make and will make in the future, because each mistake is worthy of celebration as it is a stepping stone towards success."

I think mistakes are important to growth. If you never fail then you are not able to correct something. Also, I think mistakes are important in building grit. After overcoming a mistake, the satisfaction of succeeding is more meaningful than succeeding the first time. For all the mistakes I make, I learn to not make the same error. Cheers to mistakes! 

Image result for learning from others meme
(Learning from others meme - Image Source)


Quotes are retrieved from Padlet

1 comment:

  1. Cheers to mistakes - I think that is a crucial quote to life in college! As a science major, I often find my classes challenging and mistakes the norm. It took me a while to be accepting of these mistakes because I am a perfectionist. I love that you pulled this quote out because it can mean so many things to so many people! I hope that quote inspired you as much as it inspired me!

    ReplyDelete