Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Topic Brainstorm: 4 Possibilities




I am definitely gravitating to the love stories between the gods.

My first possibility is Shiva Parvati. This is a tale about two lovers, Shiva and Parvati. At first, Shiva is not interested in Parvati but he is curious. Parvati is stubborn and wants to win Shiva's love, however a hermit, Shiva in disguise,  tries to convince to give up her quest. But she is unwavering. In the end, they marry and defeat Taraka. If I chose this topic, I would like to learn more about the love story and how they defeated Taraka. If I was going to this story, I think a diary entry from Parvati and Shiva would be interesting. It would be like the chapters in the book "Flipped" where the perspectives are alternating.

My second possibility is Indra and Shachi. What seems like another love story, it is about the Lord of Heaven and his devoted wife. From what I know, Indra is a King of gods. I would further like to know who Shachi is since she won his heart. Who was the person to steal the most eligible bachelor? I am not sure how I would present this story, perhaps a diary style like the first one, or try to do it like The Bachelor style where someone gets a rose in the end.

My third possibility is Kacha and Devayani. The title of the piece is Kacha and Devayani: Star-Crossed Lovers, which gives me a Romeo and Juliet vibe. I am interested in this topic because I love the idea of star-crossed lovers. I would like to retell it in maybe a Shakespearian way or a playwright like Romeo and Juliet. I would like to learn more about the couple since I am unfamiliar with their names.

My final possibility is Vasavadatta the Princess, who captures the heart of a Kshatriya. A Kshatriya is a social class in Hindu society. Kshatriya is the highest class consisting of the ruling and military elites. It is said to be a classical romance story, which I love! It would be interesting to read more about the romance. If I were to retell the story, I would do it in the King's perspective since it seemed he was the one courting the princess.


(Love - Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment