Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Feedback Thoughts





I have never known how to give effective feedback or how to receive feedback to my advantage. The most productive feedback experiences I had was advice on physiology. It was to do a little of the coursework rather than wait for the day before the test to study. Although the feedback is intuitive, it was helpful to hear it from a professor. 


6 Bad Mental Habits That Sabotage Your Success
I find that I do many of these bad mental habits without realizing it. I believe it is important to identify the problems in order to address and fix the problems. My most trouble area is second-guessing myself. But, I am working on all of these areas slowly, but surely. 

One of the quotes in the article reminds me of what my mom says to me, "Look down to feel better, up to feel worse." It is important to realize how fortunate you are, and it is difficult to do so if you focus on things you don't have. I think an important tip for success that was mentioned in the article is to focus on the goals and plans rather than comparing with others. Rather than focus on other's bests, focus on personal bests. Because in the end, it is only you at the finish line. 

I think these articles are eye opening. It makes me realize that I am still growing as a person. In order to receive feedback, it is best to be receptive of the information. I take feedback too personally, so I have become more receptive and opened to new ideas.

Image result for focus on goal
(FOCUS - Image Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment