Tuesday, January 16, 2018

3 Storybook Favorites

Indian Epics: Indra

From my World Religions class, I heard of the name Indra. I knew that he was considered the Supreme Being in Hinduism. The title of this piece was concise and informative. I thought the Introduction of the blog was well written. I especially liked how the introduction was written in first person. It added a personal element to the introduction. I liked the layout of the site and the use of pictures. The pictures put words to life. It aids in the interpretation of the story. My most favorite part of the Storybook is the perspective that it was written in. 

(Indra on his white elephant - Wikimedia)


This was one of my Storybook favorites because Gossip Girl is one of my all time favorite shows. The title of this piece was very eye catching and intriguing. The title was also informational that it consisted of the Ayodhya. However, I have not heard of what or who the Ayodhya was. The introduction did an excellent job in explaining who the Ayodhya were with a modern twist. The layout of the storybook was organized and minimalistic which I appreciate. I like the way the images were used like cover photos to add a visual effect but not overpower the simplistic style. The navigation of the Storybook was also very easy. My favorite aspect of the Storybook would be the clean, sleek style of the Storybook.


(Rama leaving Dasharatha - Wikimedia)


I am a sucker for puns. When I saw "Dharma Queen" I knew I had to check it out. I like that the introduction is relatable and modern. I also heard the word "Dharma" in my World Religions class. so the idea of it was not new. However, I was not very well informed of the topic. I like how the first person perspective makes it feel like a diary or journal entry. The navigation of the Storybook was fairly easy. I also like the addition of a video integrated within the Storybook. It was a nice surprise that differentiated it from the other Storybooks. It was interesting that most of the pictures did not seem to relate to the Indian culture, but the pictures were more relative and understandable. I liked the airy and free feel of the style. I think that the title was my favorite element of this Storybook. 

(Lakshmi in the Garden - Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment