Thursday, January 18, 2018

Time Strategies... Implemented over Time...

To be honest, I can always use more advice on time management. I have reviewed my study schedule for this class and I think it remains a good schedule. However, if I am feeling bored on the other days, I could always get ahead on assignments. As for the rest of my classes this semester, there is going to be a steep learning curve on how much time to allocate to each class. I chose these articles because it when I read the titles, it resonated with me. These are the problem areas that I recognize I have. 

How to Beat Procrastination - This was a very helpful article on procrastination. It approaches procrastination like typical problems. The first step is to identify. The second step is to start and provide a small reward. The final steps are to finish. This article was very useful in putting everything in perspective. 

The Important Habit of Just Starting - I used to have this habit during high school, then it disappeared when I discovered naps. Based on my past experiences in my classes, this will be one of the most important habits to gain again. It is easy to determine a future failure without starting a project. I have prepped myself too much for failure, that perhaps I am afraid to succeed. This semester, I am going to start and finish. 

On the Field Guide of Procrastinators, I am probably either the napper, sidetracked, or snacker... 
I think my biggest challenge this semester is to implement the strategies and habits, but I am prepared for the challenge!

Passed out cat with tongue out captioned as he put the PRO in procrastination.
(Procrastination - Cheezburger)

No comments:

Post a Comment