Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Attempting Growth Mindset

Prior to this, I have not heard of Carol Dweck or the idea of Growth Mindset. From exploring this topic, I have realized that I am between the Now and the Yet. I possibly lean more towards the Now but I am trying to make my way to Yet. Recently, I learned how to snowboard. The mindset that I had to develop was to challenge myself in aspects that were not normally exercised. I had the mentality of, "I have not yet learned this activity, but I will." The challenges I have at OU is that I know that I can do better within my classes. I have difficulty in placing more effort within my studies. Every semester, I have a school years resolution to improve my ways of studying and deepen my well of knowledge.

I would personally like to learn more about the Growth Mindset and hopefully implement it within my daily life. My learning goals for this semester is to not allow my difficult classes intimidate me, but to allow it to motivate me. Another goals is to not underestimate the classes that seem easy and treat it under the same caliber as my other subjects. Growth Mindset is a journey I intend to embark on.



(cheezburger)

No comments:

Post a Comment