Monday, January 15, 2018

Favorite Places - California, Germany, and Dallas

My favorite places are California, Germany, and Dallas.. All in that order.

California - I have visited California the most. My family resides in Orange County, so my parents and I visited about every year. Sometimes, I even stayed for the whole summer! California is one of my favorite places, not because of the location, but because of what it contains. I associate California with lots of love, good food, and (my favorite) boba.

My most recent adventure was a snowboarding trip to Mammoth Mountain. The homey town reminded me of Oklahoma. Although I was achy from the strenuous activity, it was fulfilling.

                             
                         (Bus stop 42, Eagle Lodge)                               (My go-to boba cafe)  

  
                                         (An unforgettable family trip to the Ensenada, Mexico) 

Germany - This was my first trip abroad with my friends. It was a senior trip to Oberammergau in the summer of 2016. It was a fairytale. We visited castles and went on hikes. The country contained the most beautiful landscapes. The food was absolutely delicious! All the ingredients tasted fresh and well prepared. I probably spent way too much money on beer steins but I don't regret a single moment. 

    
  (Schlosspark Linderhof Castle - June 13, 2016)

    
(Lake Schwangau - June 6, 2016)

                                        (Oberammergau, Germany - Wikimedia Commons

Dallas, Texas - Finally, my last favorite place. I have gone to Dallas several times with my friends and parents. While in Dallas, we normally visit the mall, eat, and site see. We go to Dallas because it is seems like a more spontaneous location because it is out of state. Plus, it is not considered a far drive. I have many fond memories in Dallas. 

(Matcha Love - August 12, 2017)


2 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of California too, Chelsea — although my California was up north, in the Bay Area (I went to school at Berkeley). And India has its share of castles too... I wish we could magically transport ourselves there for this class, but pictures will have to do! List of palaces in India ... and the word used for "castle" in India is usually "fort" instead: Forts in India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again! I have never been to California, but I have always wanted to go. I feel like California is a must see place. Germany looks stunning. I have never traveled abroad, but I am trying to talk my parents into taking a trip after I graduate. Dallas is a great place to shop and eat. It is about five hours from my hometown, but occasionally we would go down there to go shopping. Great post!

    ReplyDelete