Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Explored Reading Options

A particular story that caught my eye was Shiva Parvati. I am a fan of romantic stories. The story seemed like Shiva was interested in Parvati, but needed a little push. Shiva and Parvati would be the definition of power couple, perhaps the Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie pre-divorce.


(Shiva, Parvati, and Family - OUOCBlog)

Another reading option that caught my eye was Buddha: He Lit the Path. I find it interesting because before Buddha was Buddha, in the sense of Buddhism, he was a Prince named Siddhartha and a part of Hinduism. I think it would be interesting to read more about his possible journey to Enlightenment. Buddhism has always intrigued me because of my family's cultural ties with the religion.


(Prince Siddhartha - OUOCBlog)

A person that has always intrigued me in Hinduism is Ganesha. I think it would be nice to learn more about the interesting person. Ganesha is a mysterious entity that makes you want to know more and seek more. I find it hard to imagine a person with an elephant like face.


(Ganesha - Wikimedia)

Although there are many stories within the Indian culture, these are the three topics that intrigued me the most. I feel as if Indian epics are similar to Greek mythology, but different. It is different from the Greek, because the epics do not seemed as focused on the reason on how something came to be like many mythological stories of the gods or goddesses (for example, Demeter with seasons, Hades with Hell, and Zeus with lightening). The epics seem to be stories just of the gods themselves and who they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment